Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
Austin Catholic High School is committed to making Augustinian Catholic education affordable for all students. Families with any financial concern should refer to the process below. Please note: those families registering after the registration deadline are not guaranteed tuition assistance.
Scholarship and Aid Process Timeline
In order to ensure timely and accurate accounting of all funds, we ask that families follow our financial aid timeline. We are happy to discuss scholarships and aid with families during pre-admissions activities, however, exact Tuition Assistance figures will not be shared with families until formal application (including registration) to Austin has been made.
- Take the High School Placement Test offered in November and December at ACHS.
- Make formal application to Austin Catholic by the January 19th application deadline.*
- Acceptance letters mailed and merit scholarships awarded to those eligible based on HSPT scores: early March.
- Complete and submit the AOD’s online financial aid application
- Scholarships and Aid Committee will review results and make final determination.
* To be included in our first round of acceptance letters, we must receive your application, 8th grade profile, transcripts and High School Placement Test scores by Friday, January 18, 2019. The first round of acceptance letters will be mailed on Friday, January 25, 2019. To qualify for Austin’s competitive merit scholarships and tuition assistance, early registration forms and fees will be due Friday, March 1st. Austin will continue to accept students throughout the school year and summer, or until our Freshman class is full.
Families with more than one child currently attending Austin Catholic qualify for a tuition discount. Any family receiving a grant or discount must also go through the AOD Financial Aid process. The discount does not apply to fees.
- 2 Students – $1,500 discount total
- 3 Students – $4,000 discount total
Any current Austin Catholic Family referring prospective students to the school will receive a $500 tuition credit should that student be admitted at the full tuition level.
Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Grant
There will be a 3 tier system for the Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Grant: $1100, $950, and $800. It will be solely based on need and is not dependent on whether a student is in high school or elementary school. Also, there is not a written application process. All applications will have to be completed on line with supporting documents uploaded to the application.
Even if you feel your family will not be eligible for the AOD grant, the form must be completed in order to receive financial assistance from Austin Catholic. You must complete the AOD financial aid application by April 7th to be eligible.
Leonard J. Brillati Memorial Tuition Assistance Scholarship
The Leonard J. Brillati Memorial Scholarship was founded in memory of Austin Catholic’s first President. It is awarded to students annually based on displayed financial need. The grant amount varies based on need. The grant does not cover fees. To be eligible families must complete the AOD financial aid application and schedule a financial aid meeting with the Principal.
Knights of Columbus Tuition Assistance Scholarship
The 4th Degree Knights of Columbus awards two $500 scholarships annually to Austin Students. The scholarship does not cover fees.
To recognize incoming freshman who display superior academic merit as shown by the High School Placement Test (HSPT), Austin Catholic awards renewable scholarships.
St. Augustine Scholarship: Students scoring in the 95th to 99th percentile overall on the High School Placement Test will be eligible for a renewable $2,500 scholarship.
St. Monica Scholarship: Students scoring in the 90th to 94th percentile overall on the High School Placement Test will be eligible for a renewable $1,000 scholarship.
To renew academic scholarships, students must maintain a 3.85 GPA and display superior citizenship and faith as befitting an ACHS student.
SCRIP is great way families can bring down the cost of tuition. SCRIP is an online service that families can purchase gift cards through. A percentage of the sale is given to Austin Catholic and will be credited to a student’s tuition account. Contact the Main Office for more details on SCRIP.
Kroger Rewards is another great way families can bring down the cost of tuition. Register your Kroger Rewards Card with Austin Catholic and any rewards money you earn by shopping at Kroger will be applied directly to your tuition account. Contact the Advancement Office for more details on Kroger Rewards.
Alliance Catholic Credit Union announced a contest to award two (2) $5,000 scholarships for students who will be attending a Catholic High School League school in the 2017-2018 academic year. The contest entry information can be found on the Alliance Catholic CU Facebook page or through this URL: www.AllianceCCU.com/5000