How to Apply
8th Grade Applicants
The application process for Austin Catholic begins in the fall. Prospective freshmen must complete a five part application process which includes the following:
- Create an account and complete our ONLINE APPLICATION (As part of the application process, an electronic Student Referral Form will be emailed to your current school. This form includes a request for grades, standardized tests, disciplinary infractions and teacher recommendations.)
- Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Shadow Day and/or interview with the Director of Admissions or Principal
Students entering Austin Catholic as 9th graders will follow the aforementioned application process, which subsequently includes a report card verifying 8th grade graduation, a report verifying special needs or programs, HSPT results deemed acceptable by Austin Catholic, and any other criteria specified by the Admissions Office and acceptance team.
To be included in our first round of acceptance letters, we must receive your application, 8th grade profile, transcripts and High School Placement Test scores by Friday, January 18, 2019. The first round of acceptance letters will be mailed on Friday, January 25, 2019. To qualify for Austin’s competitive merit scholarships and tuition assistance, early registration forms and fees will be due Friday, March 1st. Austin will continue to accept students throughout the school year and summer, or until our Freshman class is full.
All incoming freshmen must take the Detroit Archdiocesan high school placement exam before starting school. This year, families will register to take the HSPT at the Catholic high school of their choosing through an online portal. Testing runs from 8 a.m. to Noon. Please arrive promptly by 7:45 a.m., as not to delay the start time for other test-takers. No calculators are allowed. Retakes are not allowed..
• Please arrive and be ready for testing by 7:45 a. m.
• Testing will end at approximately 11:30 a.m.
• Please enter through the middle set of double doors in the front of the school.
• Accommodations will only be given during the December testing date.
• Please note: Calculators are not permitted during testing.
• Feel free to bring a water bottle and a small snack.
The 2018 - 2019 HSPT dates are:
- Saturday, November 17th
- Saturday, December 1st – AOD only allows accommodations to be made on this date.
- Saturday, March 2nd
2018 - 2019 Test fee: $40
Transfer students are welcome to apply for either the first or second semester of any school year. Transfer students must complete a three part application process which includes the following:
- Create an account and complete our online application
- Submit transcripts to Austin Catholic for the past two school years
- Interview with the Director of Admissions and Principal
- Students will not be accepted into the 12th grade unless they have moved.
- Students who are suspended or expelled from a public or private school as the result of a legal or moral infraction will not be accepted into any grade at Austin Catholic.
- All transfer students entering Austin Catholic will sign a contract, along with their parents/guardians, agreeing to follow all school regulations and to participate in the Faith Life of the school.
- Termination of transfer students can occur at any time if they were accepted at Austin Catholic under false pretenses or falsifying information relative to their acceptance.
- Please be aware that Austin Catholic contacts the student’s previous school as soon as a transfer application is received.
- The MHSAA transfer rules apply for students wishing to play sports.