Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
We are committed to making an Austin Catholic education affordable for all students. In order to ensure timely and accurate accounting of all funds, we ask that families follow our financial aid timeline. We are happy to discuss aid with families during pre-admissions activities, however, exact Tuition Assistance figures will not be shared with families until a formal application (including registration) to Austin has been made.
Scholarship and Aid Process Timeline
In order to ensure timely and accurate accounting of all funds, we ask that families follow our financial aid timeline.
- Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) offered in November and December.
- Complete application to Austin Catholic by the January 18th application deadline.*
- Acceptance letters mailed and merit scholarships awarded to those eligible based on HSPT scores.
- Complete and submit the FACTS Grant and Aid Application found on our website.
- Scholarship and Aid Committee will review results and make final determination.
*To be included in our first round of acceptance letters, we must receive your application, 8th grade profile, transcripts and HSPT scores by Friday, January 18, 2019. The first round of acceptance letters will be mailed on Friday, January 25, 2019. Note: Austin will continue to accept students throughout the school year and summer, or until our freshman class is full.
Families with more than one child attending Austin Catholic qualify for a tuition discount. The discount does not apply to fees.
- 2 Students – $1,500 discount total ($8,600 + $7,100)
- 3 Students – $4,000 discount total ($8,600 + $7,100 + $6,100)
Military & First-Responders Discount
We are proud to offer a $2,500 discount for students of all active military households and $1,500 for students of retired military or active reservists. This discount is per family and does not apply to fees.
Any current Austin Catholic family referring newly enrolled student(s) will receive a $500 tuition credit per new family. A maximum credit of $1500 is applicable to the year the new family enrolls.
To be eligible for all tuition assistance, families must complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application. Families registering late are not guaranteed full assistance amounts and grant amounts will be based upon remaining funds available. Applications will be processed as they are received. The earlier you apply, the earlier your award letter will be available.
Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Grant
There will be a 3 tier system for the Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Grant: $1100, $950, and $800. It will be solely based on need. A family only needs to complete one application for all students in Catholic schools. All applications will have to be completed online with supporting documents uploaded. Even if you feel your family will not be eligible for the AOD grant, the form must be completed in order to receive financial assistance from Austin Catholic. You must complete application by the April deadline to be eligible.
Leonard J. Brillati Memorial Tuition Assistance Grant
The Leonard J. Brillati Memorial Fund was founded in memory of Austin Catholic’s first President. It is awarded to students annually based on displayed financial need. The grant amount varies based on need. The grant does not cover fees. To be eligible families must complete the FACTS Grant and Aid application.
Knights of Columbus Tuition Assistance Scholarship
The 4th Degree Knights of Columbus awards two $500 scholarships annually to Austin Students. The scholarship does not cover fees.
To recognize incoming freshman who display superior academic merit as shown by the HSPT, Austin Catholic awards renewable merit based scholarships. To qualify for the competitive merit scholarships, students must enroll/register by Friday, March 1st. To renew academic scholarships, students must maintain a 3.85 GPA.
- St. Augustine Scholarship: Students scoring in the 95th to 99th percentile overall on the High School Placement Test will be eligible for a renewable $2,500 scholarship/per year.
- St. Monica Scholarship: Students scoring in the 90th to 94th percentile overall on the High School Placement Test will be eligible for a renewable $1,000 scholarship/per year.
- St. Thomas Scholarship: Students scoring in the 84th to 89th percentile overall on the High School Placement Test will be eligible for a renewable $500 scholarship/per year.
SCRIP is an online service that families can purchase gift cards and earn a percentage back. Families will be credited the percentage toward their student(s) tuition account. Contact the Main Office for more details. SCRIP is a great way for families to bring down the cost of tuition with shopping, gas, or gift purchases that you routinely make.
Register your Kroger Rewards Card with Austin Catholic and any rewards money you earn by shopping at Kroger will be applied directly to your tuition account. Contact the Business Office for more details on the Kroger Rewards program. Kroger rewards is another great way families can bring down the cost of tuition with their every-day grocery shopping.
There are a variety of scholarships and grants available for families and students attending Catholic schools. The first place to begin is your home parish as many offer tuition grants to their parish members. Please contact your parish office to inquire.
Alliance Catholic Credit Union has a contest for two (2) $5,000 scholarships for students who will be attending a Catholic High School League school. The contest entry information can be found on the Alliance Catholic CU Facebook page or through this URL: www.AllianceCCU.com/5000
Many Knights of Columbus Councils offer tuition assistance grants to students attending Catholic Schools from their parish. Contact your local council for more information.
In Review….important dates for families requesting tuition assistance
- November 17 or December 1st -- Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- January 18th -- Application deadline for first round acceptance letters AND scholarship eligibility
- January 25th – First round of acceptance letters mailed and merit scholarships awarded
- February 1st – FACTS Grant & Aid applications open.
- March 1st – Early enrollment and scholarship commitments due
- End of April – AOD Grant deadline and Austin Catholic round 1 of tuition assistance granting ends.
- March 2nd to June 1st – Late Registration (additional $100) and round 2 of tuition assistance granting based upon remaining funds.